- If you don't know how to format your text:
- start each line without spaces
- separate paragraphs with a blank line
- You can produce better hypertext by using WikiWords? (concatenated capitalized words):
- WikiWords? will be shown as hyperlinks
- WikiWords? are especially useful if they are meaningful and used uniformly across the whole site
- The 'WikiWord?' is WikiWord? hyperlink by itself.
Follow it to learn more :)
- For external site links, you can type URLs directly into the text - =http://etcete.ra/...= - it'll clear to anyone where they're headed on click.
- If a discussion is going on:
- separate each follow-up with a space
- add your WikiName? and the date at the end
- OR, by all means, insert your comment where it seems to fit best:
- you may want to inset it with a bullet and/or set it in italics so it's clear (always sign and date)
- if a sub-topic develops, separate it with a horizontal rule at beginning and end
- To start a new discussion:
- start with a brief, factual introduction, followed by double horizontal rules
- let the discussion begin
- When a discussion is complete, boil down the key points:
- reduce the noise
- move offtopic facts to appropriate pages
- if you merge or delete comments, group credit =Contributors:= at the end of the page
- Please, avoid typing dates in national formats.
Please use either an standard date format like 01 Sep 2001 or ISO (2001-09-01 or 2001-Sep-01).
- Please, avoid words like 'next version' or 'year ago' whenever possible, even if it seems to you that the reader will know the context.
'Absolute' references are much better than 'relative'.